Rules & Regulations At Basswood Resort
We’ve established the following General Campground Guidelines to help keep our guests safe and to make everyone’s stay an enjoyable one! Those who choose not to observe these basic guidelines can be asked to leave our park with no refund of any kind.
- Speed Limit: is 10 MPH. Please observe our speed limit to ensure the safety of all our guests. Remember… Children are playing!
- General information: Welcome Center, store, laundromat, and pool area hours are posted on the Activity Schedule at check-in and each area.
- Activities and entertainment schedules: are posted at the Welcome Center/Store.
- Holidays and Special Events: There is a 3-night minimum reservation required on all major holidays and special events.
- Trash and Garbage must be tied in plastic bags. Dumpsters are located at the front of the park across from the Country Store/Office and in the back of the park by the Clubhouse. Please keep your site/cabin neat and leave it clean for the next park guests.
- Pets are always welcome but cannot be left unattended. A maximum of two (2) pets are allowed per campsite/lodging unit. Pets are only allowed in lodging units which are designated as ‘Pet-Friendly’. When outside, pets must always be on a physical, visible leash. Invisible leashes are not acceptable. Your pet must always be walked by a responsible person to ensure that all deposits made by your pet are picked up immediately. All breeds are welcome, but we ask that you do not bring an aggressive pet to our park.
- Campfires are permitted in fire rings or provided grills only. Firewood is available for purchase at the Country Store. You may pick up fallen limbs to burn but do not cut trees. You may also bring your own locally sourced firewood. Burn it where you buy it!
- Clotheslines are not permitted.
- Fireworks and firearms including BB, Airsoft, and pellet guns are prohibited on park property.
- Pool areas: No lifeguard is on duty. Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult (18 years or older). Anyone behaving in an unsafe or destructive manner will be removed from the pool area. Only bathing suits permitted in the pool. No cotton material like cut-offs or t-shirts allowed.
- Quiet Time is 10:00 pm-7:00 am. No excessive noise or public disturbances. Loud or offensive noises, rowdyism, or ill-mannered conduct will not be tolerated at any time.
- Children: All children must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) at all times.
- Fishing is available in our lakes and does not require a state permit. Daily fishing is FREE for all registered guests.
- Visitors: Your visitors are always welcome at Basswood Resort if they register at our country store/office. Registered guests and their visitors are expected to read and adhere to all campground guidelines. A copy of these guidelines is presented at check-in time for your signature. All your visitors must register, pay day-use fees, if applicable, and leave the resort by 10:00 pm.
- Recreational Vehicles: No motor-driven cycles, bikes or scooters are to be driven in the park. Only licensed drivers over the age of 18 may operate any licensed, insured vehicle/cart in the park. This is strictly enforced due to our insurance requirements and to ensure the enjoyment and safety of everyone in the park. Long term guests of the park (30+ days) may bring their own battery operated golf cart to the park (no gas carts). Must provide proof of insurance and register at park office.
- Churches: Listing, locations, and service hours posted at the welcome center/store.
- Forms of Payment: We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, cash, or money orders. Sorry, no checks.
- Responsibility: You are responsible for damage caused by yourself and/or members of your camping party.
- Violation of these Guidelines is grounds for ejection from the park without refund.
- Liability: Neither Basswood Resort nor any of its employees are responsible for accidents, injuries, or losses from any cause.
- Prior to 30 Days: Forfeiture of $25 reservation fee.
- Within 30 Days: Forfeiture of $25 reservation fee plus one night’s stay.
- No Shows: Forfeiture of $25 reservation fee plus entire reserved stay. Guests failing to contact us to cancel (with the required time, listed above) will be considered a no-show
- Forfeiture of $15 deposit plus entire reserved stay. Guests failing to contact us to cancel (with the required time, listed above) will be considered a no-show
RV & Tent Site Guidelines
These guidelines for guests renting RV / tent campsites. Please review our general campground guidelines as well.
- Check-in time is 2:00 pm. If you intend to arrive before 2:00 pm, please notify our office, and we will make every effort to have your campsite available. However, we cannot guarantee its availability until 2 pm. Additional fees may apply.
- Check-out time is 12:00 pm. We do ask that you honor our check-out time promptly to minimize hardship on our housekeeping and guest services staff as well as the next guests arriving on your site. In the extreme event that you require a late check-out, we will do our best to accommodate the request. An additional fee will apply.
- Deposit: A $15 deposit will be taken at the time the reservation is booked.
- Quiet Time is 10:00 pm-7:00 am
- Damages:We will charge you for any damage done to your site. Your credit card will be charged immediately if damages are found.
- Site Occupancy: Only 1 (one) RV is allowed per campsite. Tent sites allow for a maximum of 6 (six) persons per site.
- Drain Water: State Law prohibits ground disposal of any drain water (gray or black). Wastewater from RVs (including sink water) must be disposed of into sewer drains.
- Sewer Connections require a tight seal by a Sewer Donut (or Sewer Ring) or a screw-type connector.
- Trash and Garbage must be tied in plastic bags. Dumpsters are located throughout the park for your convenience. Please keep your site/cabin neat and leave it clean for the next campers.
- Clotheslines are not permitted.
- For our RV Site and Tent cancellation policy, see campground guidelines
These guidelines for guests renting lodging units. Please review our general campground guidelines as well.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm. If you intend to arrive before 3:00 pm, please notify our office, and we will make every effort to have your campsite available. However, we cannot guarantee its availability until 3:00 pm. Additional fees may apply.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am. We do ask that you honor our check-out time promptly to minimize hardship on our housekeeping and guest services staff as well as the next guests arriving on your site. In the extreme event that you require a late check-out, we will do our best to accommodate the request. An additional fee will apply.
- Deposit:A $15 deposit will be taken at the time the reservation is booked.
- Quiet Time is 10:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Damages: We will charge you for any damages to cabins (inside and outside) and/or its contents. Your credit card will be charged immediately if damages are found
- No Smoking is allowed inside or on the porch. Evidence of results a $100 fine posted immediately to the credit card.
- Linens: Linens are not provided for any of our cabins. Linens can be rented upon request. Linen rentals start at $15. You are also welcome to bring your own linens.
- Housekeeping is available, upon request, for lodging units other than the cabins. Please contact the front desk when you need your unit refreshed. Our refresh service includes: Replacement of bath towels every 2 days plus emptying of trash, replenish soap, and toilet paper as needed.
- Pet-Friendly Cabins: Please note there is a $25/stay cleaning fee if you choose to bring your pet to stay in one of our pet-friendly cabins. If you plan to bring your pet, please review our pet policy. The cleaning fee can be waived for documented service animals. Documentation is required.
- For our lodging cancellation policy, see campground guidelines
Camping is an outdoor experience, therefore we do not give refunds due to whims of Mother Nature!
Management reserves the right to refuse service, limit the length of stay and the number of persons or vehicles per site and/or evict any person or party without refund. Park staff members are not allowed to work on guests’ RVs.